New Xylophone Game
I shared a week or so ago about my xylophone game that I got from somewhere a while ago. :) I can’t remember where I found the game or if I made it up myself because I’ve been using it for a few years. Anyway, I added some new work mats to our game and it helped the children to play the game in a different way.
Here is the first game mat. We place a tile on each dot left to right, top to bottom as I ding the xylophone.
Then we played the game using the same idea with this mat:
We’ve only used the top ten frame, but I didn’t want to have to re-print them later. Same game, I just wanted the kiddos to see quantities on a ten frame and recognize that they can group their tiles into groups of 5 or 10 and not have to count them each time.
Then we switched to this mat:
I wanted to do the same thing as the last mat, but I thought it would be good to match our tiles with a number and then they could see a quantity. When we used this mat, we counted each number as we placed a tile on it:
“ding”, “one”, “ding”, “two”, “ding”, “three”, etc…